Thursday, November 25, 2010

Where I'm at

So it has been a long time since I have blogged last. Don't ask me why i chose to start blogging tonight, but I guess you could say that today was a good day. It is Thanksgiving eve, and I spent the entire day with close family and friends. Overall, it's like I'm just feeling great. I have so much to be thankful for.
I got this new job that I really enjoy. I work in a really fun workplace, and the potential for growth is unbelievable. I always new I wouldn't settle for anything but the best, and this has got me really slowing down to think and consider my future. I didn't know that this decision was going to come so soon. I still have serious aspirations to continue my baseball career, which would start back up late April. However, I'm constantly debating what I really want to do....put up with the tough grind of baseball outside the big leagues, or start with a new opportunity which could be huge. I guess it's good to have options. It is a really tough decision because I have so much love for the competition and lights of a crowded baseball stadium; I also know there are things important to me that I can't proceed with until baseball is over. So that is where I am at!
I am happy, and don't feel the pressure of this decision because I am surrounded by so much support. I won't make this decision until I absolutely have to. I don't see why I should limit any options before I am absolutely certain which way to go.
To all my friends and fam who read this, thanks for your time and support; I have more love for you than you know.

3 comments:

  1. I am thankful for having such a hard working, insightful and intelligent teammate at LP. You have been a phenomenal addition to the team and have a big future with us. We support any decision you make and will be here for you regardless.

    -Happy Thanksgiving!

    Your Friend,

    Mike W

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you. You have always made good decisions for your life and, when the time is right, I am utterly confident you will make the right decision about baseball and your career.

    I could not ask for a better son. You and Stan and Robert and the best sons a man could ever dream of having. I too am so very thankful today.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric, I agree with your Dad. You have always made great decisions and have had some really fantastic experiences as a result. I know you will make the right decision. Enjoy this new adventure!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete